Looking Beyond the Gates
Gakushuin Women's College (GWC) offers the friendliness and close attention of a small college, while still enabling students to take advantage of the benefits of a larger university. The diversity that is to be found at GWC is not limited to its own student body, but extends to other universities in the area and abroad through its ties with Gakushuin University and the f-campus system, as well as its numerous academic exchange programs with foreign institutions.
GWC encourages its own students to develop an international outlook through study outside of Japan, while simultaneously welcoming the enrollment of international students. The academic interests of our students who go abroad are often in such fields as intercultural communication, international relations, development studies, finance and marketing, etc.
Academic Exchange Programs
GWC has a partnership agreement with 22 universities* in 15 countries, which provides GWC students with opportunities to study abroad.
Students studying at a partner university will be exempt from tuition fees (excluding some partner universities). Credits earned at such partner universities are recognized as credits earned at GWC, which allows students to complete GWC programs in four years.
GWC also receives students from partner universities every year and has many international exchange programs.
*As of June 2017
- Missouri Southern State University (Joplin, Missouri, U.S.A.)
- University of California, Davis (Davis, California)
- University of West Alabama (Livingstone, Alabama)
- University of Northern Britsh Columbia (Prince George, B.C. Canada)
- University of Lethbridge (Lethbridge, Canada)
- The University of Melbourne (Melbourne, Australia)
- University of Leeds (Leeds, U.K)
- Tallinn University (Tallinn, Estonia)
- University of Warsaw (Warsaw, Poland)
- Palacky University Olomouc (Olomouc, Czech Republic)
- University of Bucharest (Bucharest, Romania)
- University of Hamburg (Hamburg, Germany)
- Ludwig-Maximilian-University of Munich (Munich, Germany)
- Université Catholique de l'Ouest (Angers, France)
- Tsinghua University (Beijing, China)
- National University of Kaohsiung (Kaohsiung, Taiwan)
- Providence University (Taichung, Taiwan)
- Shih Chien University (Taipei, Taiwan)
- Sungshin University (Seoul, Korea)
- Ewha Womans University (Seoul, Korea)
- National University of Laos (Vientiane, Laos)
- University of Perpetual Help System DALTA (Las Pinas, Philippines)
International Students of Gakushuin Women's College
|Number of International Students by Nationality (as of May 1st, 2017)|